Monday, July 28, 2008

Investigator Singing Time

This week I helped the children see that when asked a question about the gospel they can think of a primary song and they can find the answer. Or in other words, the primary songs contain true gospel principles. I found this idea on the primary music leader yahoo group. Here's how it went for me:

I had a list of questions ready for a recent convert who pretended to be investigating the church (I think a side benefit was that he got to experience primary and it helped strengthen his testimony).

What is your relationship to God? (I had to explain what that meant.)
*Sing "I am a Child of God"

Where did we live before earth?
*Sing "I Lived in Heaven"

Why are the Scriptures so important? (We talked about reading stories about Jesus and that the scripture build you faith and give you power)
*Sing "Scripture Power"

How does the church say we should act?
*Sing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me"

(After singing I emphasized key phrases like "thinking of His Commandment, Follow His Example, speak more reverently...)

What are temples for?
*Sing "I Love to See the Temple"

Why should we listen to the prophet?
*Sing "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet"

We didn't get to ask all the questions in either Junior or Senior, but it was fine. After we got finished we talked about being good missionaries and sang "Called to Serve"

No comments: